In ETL how to change the language CODES (e.g en,..) in an extracted dataFile by the language NAMES from another language File

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In ETL how to change the language CODES (e.g en,..) in an extracted dataFile by the language NAMES from another language File

Hi there I have a problem using Jedox ETL since there are no manuals for it in the net (it seems like manuals provided by jedox focus more on excel and report design << my opinion>>)

I am trying to practice with this big data analytic demo by JEDOX I guess: jedox.com/en/big-data-analytic…-example-wikipedia-part-2

The first column of the set of 9 DATA FILE contains the language CODES and the project CODES. After splitting the first column, we will have 1 column for the language CODES and 1 column for the project CODES.

The author of this demo provided 2 other files: the first file contains the Language codes (e.g EN) along with the language name (e.g ENGLISH); the second file contains the project codes (e.g WP) along with the project names (e.g Wikipedia).

In the transformation process, the author somehow succeeded to replace the language CODES in the DATA FILE by the language names by using the first file. He did the same operation for the project names by using second file.

I need some help please.
    My question is: in JEDOX ETL how do you replace the language CODES in the DATA FILE by the LANGUAGE NAMES (which are located in another file ''language file'' containing 2 columns (1 column contains language code and 1 column contains the language name corresponding to the code)??

To me it is like a loop operation. Meaning reading the code in the DATA FILE then loop into the codes in the first column of the ''language file'', then if there is a match, pick the language name from the second column (next to the matched code) of the ''language file'' then replace the code in the DATA FILE by the found language name.. No?? Anyway I am stuck and I dont know how to perform this if this is how it should work.

Help please.
    ?( ?(
  • This should be a pretty common task.
    You use ETL-Transform "TableJoin" to do it. Key column in the data file should be the language code as well as in the first file you described.
    I would choose the data file to be the first join partner and the first file to be the second an use a left join. The result will be a new table containing the language code as well as the language name.

For the projects you simply repeat the procedure.