Filter combobox

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Filter combobox

Hello palodaters,

I will try to be clear.

I have a sheet with a dynarange and 5 combobox.
    See below my sheet :

forum.jedox.com/index.php/Atta…578b15e63674fcb746cc7fbe1

My purpose is when I pick a name in the combobox "commercials" (like "999 à reclasser"), the others combobox should contain only the value attribued of commercial's name selected.
    For example, the commercial "999 à reclasser" should have the choice of select"aldi and argel" and not all the clients.

I tried to put the commercials in attribute and use PALO.AFILTER on the others combobox but didn't work. I also tried to filter with user rights (#_GROUP_DIMENSION_DATE), it works but that takes too much time.

So my question, can we filter a combobox with value of another combobox ?

Any hint is appreciable
    Thanks in advance for reading, have a nice day

bel.
    Images
    • PaloAfilter.png

20.46 kB, 1,058×440, viewed 580 times
  • I've had some experience playing around with this

Using the "Data" filter -> selecting your cube -> then selecting the dimension you want your combobox to be filtered on -> it then gives me a variable option in the bottom right corner. Using the slice operations I've played around with that in order to "filter" the combobox results.

As a warning I've crashed my jedox client using this method, however I'm also running upwards of 200~ dimensions for some elements. Its worked better for me on smaller lists/data sets (when its not as needed unfortunately).

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks for your reply, this help me a lot !.

zprs34 wrote:

Using the "Data" filter -> selecting your cube -> then selecting the dimension you want your combobox to be filtered on -> it then gives me a variable option in the bottom right corner. Using the slice operations I've played around with that in order to "filter" the combobox results.

When you said "using the "data" filter, its in OLAP MANAGER or in the sheet of file manager ?

Bel,
  • When you right click the combobox and select "Edit Combobox" using the subset editor you can then select your dimension you wish to propogate the combobox with under the "General" tab. You should see a few more tabs along with the "Data" one. I don't have much experience using them, its almost all been a trial and error to see what values I end up propagating in the combobox.