Palo.data; Palo.datac ...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Palo.data; Palo.datac ...

Dear all,

I am currently evaluating PALO / working with relaese TP 1c Build 2459.

The Evaluation Guide provides examples for using the PALO.DATAC function; all the calculations in the MIS example make use of the PALO.DATAC. Anyway the Evaluation Guide "Palo Spreadsheet Formulas" section only mentions the PALO.DATA function.

I have created a sample application (..., define cube and dimensions, create elements based on PALO.EADD, import data from a file using PALO.SETDATA).

This sample application seems to require the PALO.DATA function. Using the PALO.DATAC function results in "#NV" cell values.

Doing calculations based on the values PALO.DATA function inside Excel does not do the job properly - copying an Excel function using the values from the PALO.DATA function as (relative) arguments results in identical values (eg. C16/D16 == C17/D17, with C16,...,D17 being values from PALO.DATA function).

What is the difference between PALO.DATA and PALO.DATAC? When do I have to use PALO.DATA respectively PALO.DATAC? Do you have an explanation, why I can not calculate further with the values from the PALO.DATA function inside Excel?

Any suggestions are welcome ....

Thanks you for your product!

Horst Willamowski
  • RE: Palo.data; Palo.datac ...

Dear Mr. Willamowski,

the difference between PALO.DATA and DATAC: DATAC caches all the formulas in a workbook and executes them in one go, where PALO.DATA executes them in the way Excel does (randomly more or less). The latter may mean many database accesses and thus a somewhat slower performance, but you will need to use that if you have Palo formulas which invlove values that are retrieved by another Palo formula.

So if you need a simple list for example, we recommend to use PALO.DATAC, sophisticated setups however where you imitate cube rules (which will be there in Technical Preview II, scheduled for the end of this year) require PALO.DATA.

Hope this helps!

Holger Barczaitis
    Jedox Quality Assurance