exception - odbc query

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• exception - odbc query

hi,

i installed palo 1.5 on win xp and i still getting an exception.

1.) i was installing the mysql odbc driver 3.51 to import data from an mysql db
    2.) added the driver at control panel/administrative tools etc.
    3.) within the data import wizard the following exception appears in the PaloXlAddin.log when i type in an sql statement.

exception:
    ========
    Sonntag, 25. Februar 2007 02:08
    Error
    Error reading from Database:
    Exception Data:
    Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42S01] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]Table 'mysql.customer_1_tbl' doesn't exist
    at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(IntPtr hHandle, SQL_HANDLE hType, RETCODE retcode)
    ===============================

the table exists in the mysql db.
    i don´t have a clue why this happens. can you guys help me?

thanks in advance, marton
  • RE: exception - odbc query

Well, the message says that table (mysql.****) does not exist, I did a test with a mySQL DSN (3.51 Driver) and it worked fine. I didnt use any prefixes for table in SQL statement by the way. Did you check the connection after setting up the DSN? Its important to choose database in DSN configuration (Connector/ODBC).

Holger
  • RE: exception - odbc query

hi,

thanks for helping me.

i found the error:
    i added within the system dsn 'mysql' as data source name. i was deleting the connector/odbc connection, added the odbc connection again with 'localhost' as data source name and it worked.

thanks again for the help!
    marton