Upgrade from Palo 3.1 to latest version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrade from Palo 3.1 to latest version

One of our clients is presently working on PALO 3.1 and wants to upgrade to the latest Jedox version. From a technical upgrade stand-point, what would the best way to do it be?

1. Can I export the data files, ETL files and the reports & dashboards from PALO 3.1; install Jedox 5.1; and import them back?
    2. Is it easier to install Jedox 5.1, and recreate everything there?
    3. Any other method?

Any advise would be of much value.

Regards,
    Kiran
  • Hi Kiran,

this is what the official Setup Guide for Jedox 5.0 SR2 says:

Existing Jedox/Palo components are older than version 4.0
    It is generally recommended to update Jedox always from one major version to the next major
    version, and do not skip main update versions (this means par example: it isn't recommended to
    update from 3.3 to 5.0 SR2).
    Please update your data first to the version 4.0.
    Further instructions can be found in Jedox Setup Guide 4.0.

So maybe you should upgrade to Jedox 4.0 first, followed by Jedox 5.0 and finally by Jedox 5.1?
    I did not go through this process but this is the official statement in the setup guides.

Regards
  • p.hildebrandt wrote:

I did not go through this process but this is the official statement in the setup guides.

As I said, I have never done this process, so I cant really tell you what to do.

But I would suggest to upgrade as stated in the official Jedox documentation.
    First of all of course take a snapshot of your current installation and than go ahead by upgrading to 4.0.
    The next step would be the upgrade to 5.0 and last but not least to 5.1 SR5.

As far as I can see from the documentation everything (incl. ETL and Reports) should be upgraded automatically.

But if possible you should go through this process in the test environment first. If everything is fine repeat it on productive.