Loading time when showing pictures in a report. Which metode has the shortest loading time in Jedox Web ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Loading time when showing pictures in a report. Which metode has the shortest loading time in Jedox Web ?

Hi,

I have a question regarding the difference in loading time, when showing pictures in a report.

Which of the two gives the shortest loading time in Jedox Web ?

1) Showing a picture using the "insert picture" function from the menubar, where the original picture is stored in a folder on the PC

2) Showing a picture using the SHOWPICT function in a cell, where the picture is stored in a folder on the server and accessed via a link defined in the Ressources report, e.g. (SHOWPICT(ressources!picturename)

It is the same picture, in this case an arrow, that we want to show approx. 20 places in the report.

Best regards

Sven
  • Hi,

thanks for the answer.

Do you know what the syntax of the SHOWPICT funtion is, when I want to have a mouseover text ?
    Also how do I define the size of the picure, so I can rescale it, when using the SHOWPICT funtion ?

The advantage of the "insert picture" function from the menubar, is that the size and position of the picture can be freely defined without taking care of the cell sizes.
    But that way I see it is the a mouseover text can only be done by using a hyperlink, where i call the report itself. This may work but it is a little bit stupid.

What do you think ?

Best regards

Sven

The post was edited 1 time, last by SvenAndersen ().