Afilter with variables

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Afilter with variables

Hello all,

can someone help me. I have tried to search in the Jedox manuals but without any luck. Also tried my way forward didn´t solve my problem.

I want to contral the AFilter in a subset with a variable, but I can figure out the syntax of the variable.

The dimension has 5 attributes, but only one "Status since" is used in the filtering, which is filtere with the value ">=42815", where 42815 is calculated in cell B45.
    It work fine when in the formula direcly a cell reference enter in the place of the attribute, e.g. PALO.AFILTER({"Status since",B45}), but what is the syntax of the variable when this is activated

Best regards

Sven
  • I'm not sure if I got your problem.

If you are looking for a way to add the variable AFILTER in the subset-dialog this would be the way:
    Assume B45 holds the calculated value for "Status since". Then you have to enter the name of the attribute (this would be "Status since") in cell B44 (right above the value).
    Next thing is to mark B44:B45 and make this cells a named range, lets say "My_AFILTER".
    In the subset-dialog you may now choose AFILTER to be activated. Last thing would be to activate "Variable" in the subset-dialog-AFILTER-tab and choose "MY_AFILTER" from the list of named ranges in the lower right corner of the tab.

Maybe this is what you are looking for.
  • SvenAndersen wrote:

Shall the Status since in B44 be Status Since or as you write it "Status since"

The name of the attribute in B44 should be plain (without "").

Syntax for AND:
    Cell B44: Name of attribute A
    Cell B45: Criteria for Value of attribute A
    Cell C44: Name of attribute B
    Cell C45: Criteria for Value of attribute B
    The named range then is the block B44:C45.

Syntax for OR:
    1) only one attribute and more than one criteria for this attribute:
    Cell B45: Criteria 1 for Value of attribute A
    Cell B46: Criteria 2 for Value of attribute A
    The named range then is the block B44:B46.

1) More than one attribute:
    Cell B45: Criteria for Value of attribute A
    Cell C44: Name of attribute B
    Cell C46: Criteria for Value of attribute B
    Cell D44: Name of attribute C
    Cell D47: Criteria for Value of attribute C
    Important: A row already filled by a criteria has to be free for all other attribute(-colums). Otherwise this will be an AND-Filter.
    The named range then is the block B44:D47.