Dynamic Clube Slice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dynamic Clube Slice

Hello,

we are loading data from an Oracle Database to JEDOX.

In the JEDOX Cube we have different forecast versions (e.g. Forecast_JAN 2018, Forecast_Feb 2018, ...).
      We load only one forecast version during our JEDOX load from Oracle. Which version needs to be loaded is decided in Oracle in the table with the forecasts, the new data are marked.
      We need to load the latest forecast sometimes multiple times to JEDOX due to changes. So we want to delete the version in JEDOX if it already exists.

Currently I make a cube slice and select the version manually (changing it every month):
      e.g. version accept equal "Forecast_FEB 2018"

Is it possible to make a "dynamic" cube slice where the version can be picked from Oracle ? I can make an select where the result is the current forecast version to be loaded. But I have no idea, how to put the result in the "Value-Field" of the cube slice.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Olaf.
    • Does no one have an idea or a hint how to delete data in JEDOX dynamically ?

Perhaps I try to explain in a different way.

We have a cube "Umsatz" with e.g. 10 dimensions. One is period (month-year).
      I have a data source "Loeschen" (e.g. Oracle or a file) in which the year month combination is stored that should be deleted (e.g. 2017-10 and 2017-11).

How to define a load to delete only those two months that are in the data source ?

Thanks a lot in advance
    • Maybe you can look into the functionality of "Loop Jobs". The loop job can take some tabular input (e.g. Constant Table, in your case some extract that gives you list of months), loop over the rows in the table, and assign the row values to variables (variable name = column name). Then it executes some other load in the loop.

p.s. besides the Knowledge Base article I linked, there's a sample for Loop Jobs you can check in the integrator samples folder.
    • Hello, thanks this is an idea. But the Variable just needs to be set once a month and should be valid for all jobs which will be executed in the following days.
      I hoped, it can be set via groovy script, but this is only temporary and the conent of the variable will be the old one, as soon as the job has finished :(