Different results using PALO.DATA or PALO.EL

Different results using PALO.DATA or PALO.EL

Hi,

I have the following problem: last year I built a view (PnL) showing the colums the last 5 years actual and the following three years budget/planning using PALO.DATA. This formula has been replaced by PALO.EL after updating Jedox. Now there is no data in the budget/planning-columns but if I replace the PALO.EL to former PALO.DATA using "Paste Data Function" the data is correct. I thought everything is ok but drilling down by double-click Jedox replaces again the formula...

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thomas
    Images
    • PALO.DATA.PNG

43.79 kB, 1,197×422, viewed 62 times
    • PALO.EL.PNG

40.59 kB, 1,190×423, viewed 58 times

Post was edited 1 time, last by “thomas_b” ().

I think you meant it's needed to specifiy a defaut "read element" for each dimension and not for the cube, right? So I did, but it doesn't work. But after deactivating the zero suppression the view shows the correct data. And now the view is very confusing...

thomas_b wrote:

I think you meant it's needed to specifiy a defaut "read element" for each dimension and not for the cube, right?

Yes, that is what I meant, you are right. At that point of time I wasn't already familiar with this feature.

thomas_b wrote:

But after deactivating the zero suppression the view shows the correct data. And now the view is very confusing...

Zero suppression, ok. Sometimes I also experience problems with that feature. Especially when there is a deeper hierarchy thanthan two levels for one dimension.