BoP EoP calculation with Rules for each year seperately

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BoP EoP calculation with Rules for each year seperately

Hi there,

this is a general question and a cry for help at the same time :D .
      In the scenario, I have a calendar dimension (basically the standard jedox-Calendar with months and weeks in parallel with dummy elements for every month) and a movement dimension (BoP, NetMove, EoP).

Currently the EoP and BoP are not set up a consolidated elements in the dimension, so that they would be calculated by aggregation.
      The data-load only happens for the NetMove (i.e. add & reduction). At the beginning of each year a BOP-value is written as well.

So first my general question: Would you calculate the EoP via a hierarchy or via Rule? And what would does the Rule then look like for the BoP of the next period (i.e. day)?
      My second question: If I go for a rule solution only, how to I calculate the BoPs only for all days from the 2nd Jan onwards for each year in the calendar and how would I set up the EoP-rule?

Thanks for any hints and pieces of advice.

Br
      Bjoern
    • Ok,
      I changed the Movement Dimension so that EOP is parent of BoP and NetMove and thus is automatically calculated.

The Rule for the continuation of BoP-Values is then the following:
      ['Movement':'BoP'] = IF(STET()==0,PALO.DATA("","",Palo.data("","#_Calendar","PreviousDay", !'Calendar', "~"), !'Version', !'Segment', !'ProjectType', !'Provider', !'ProductCategory', !'ProjectPhase', "EoP", !'KPI'),STET())
      In the Calendar I have an attribute which is filled with the previous day.

Now here comes the current challenge:
      The Calendar starts at 2016-01-01. How do I exclude the rule for this day?
      Since it throws an error, because there is no previous day in the calendar.

I tried it with IF(AND(!'Calendar'!="2016-01-01",STET()==0),... but this doesn't work.
      Obviously I have some kind of brainfart, since I cannot come up with a solution, how to exclude one single element out of a rule calculation.

Any help is very much welcome.

Thanks.

Br
      Bjoern
    • New

I had something similar.... That first member in the Month dimension is an issue.

What I came up with was to use a global subset on the month dimension, excluding the members that was irrelevant, i.e. the first member, in your case "2016-01-01" and "~" if such exists.

The use the rule template functionality, i.e. "Query" in the rules.

hope this helps.