Dataimport into 2 server/cubes at once

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dataimport into 2 server/cubes at once

Hi,

Following scenario:

The cube will be on a server within our network. This cube will be loaded with data from my notebook. This is working fine.

My chief wants to use this too, clear thing ;) He is not very familary with dataimports and so on. But because he is working on a notebook, its makes sense that he can take the cube with his notebook. Therefor my idea, and question:

If I copy the cell in the import-xls and change the server/database/cube data ... will the import be done on both ... server and notebook at once ?
    Or do I have to make 2 runs ?

Thanx in advance

Mike
  • RE: Dataimport into 2 server/cubes at once

If the other server is network enabled you should be able to do this... However it's far from optimal since any changes made to master model would not be reflected on the local copy on the laptop...Essentially you need to use Replication which is planned for Release 2.

Alternatively you could could just copy the files from the data directory to the laptop say once a week. (Again this is only a one way replication - with true replication you should be able to enable it to work both ways and define a protocol which described what happens if both network and local versions have changed)
  • RE: Dataimport into 2 server/cubes at once

Originally posted by Dave
    However it's far from optimal since any changes made to master model would not be reflected on the local copy on the laptop

ok, that shouldn't be the very big problem, because changes will not be made. The cube contains only data from our ERP. Data will not be written back, only imported.

Originally posted by Dave
    ...Essentially you need to use Replication which is planned for Release 2.

Yep, but for now ... I am greatly looking forward for Release 1, in special the linux version ;)

ReadYa

Mike