Excel Error - Failure to load resources from Resource File

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Excel Error - Failure to load resources from Resource File

I have installed the Palo Server and Excel Add-in on a Windows XP box with .net 1.1.4322.573. Since installing the Excel add-in I now get an error dialogue box on closing Excel as follows:

Failure to load resources from resource file
    Please check you setup

Googling for this doesn't provide much information except that most responses to posts suggest that it maybe caused by a stack overflow somewhere. The posts don't talk about Excel but Office apps in general. If it is caused by a stack overflow it is possibly in the Palo Excel add-in since the problem has only arisen since installing the add-in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    Martin Fuggle
  • RE: Excel Error - Failure to load resources from Resource File

As far as I can tell it doesn't affect the operation of Excel at all. I have been using Excel and experimenting with Palo without any issue. When I exit Excel that's when I get the error (even if I open a spreadsheet and immediately close it). Whether it happens everytime or not I am not not sure but I can't remember closing Excel without it happening.

I am on my home server at the moment and I don't have the WINXP box online but I will have a look in the event log to see if there is anything that might give us a lead on the problem.

Regards
    Martin