local built database in network

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: local built database in network

Hi,
    First you have to let server run “visibly”. Take a look at config.xml (resids in data directory). You have to set hostname and port attributes to match your needs. Default values are "localhost" and "1234" respectively. To make it “visible” for the people from your network change localhost to IP address of your computer. Secondly you have to make sure there is nothing that blocks communication between your server and your client, i.e. firewall. Hope this helps.
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG

Hi,

I changed the the config.xml, in the way you described it in your reply. I reached the olapserver over the telnet-command. But it is not possibly to connect to the server in the excel-app. What went wrong?

Tx for help.
    RJ
    Rosenheim

Originally posted by Rom
    Hi,

I changed the the config.xml, in the way you described it in your reply. I reached the olapserver over the telnet-command. But it is not possibly to connect to the server in the excel-app. What went wrong?

Tx for help.

Did you adjust/add connection in Palo Wizard on the remote client? Can you access this server trough Modeller?
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG

Hi!

Yes I registered a new Server in Palo Wizard, with the correct IP and port-number. As Login I tried to keep it empty, my local-login (local-admin) and the global admin-account. I couldnt connect.

I even tried to connect through the modeller, but there a connection wasn't possible, either.

???

Rom
    RJ
    Rosenheim

Hi,
    to Test the connection in the wizard make sure to enter user and pass. If you dont want to store it just ignore the checkbox below. What happens then after clicking on Test Connection?

You can enter the "server-name" as it appears in the client in filed "connection name".

and...Did you start / restart the PALO-service on server after changing the config-file?

Holger
    (not the jedox holger)

Example for client wizard:
    ===================
    Server: IP as you entered it in config.xml
    Port: 1234
    Connection Name: Karl

User name: user
    Password: pass